Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Old Books to Read

Today at church I was asked to list off some of the old books I would recommend for Christians to read.  So here is my list of great old and older books:





  1. Augustine's Confessions
  2. Luther's 95 Theses
  3. John Owen's The Death of Death
  4. Richard Baxter's The Godly Home
  5. Dietrich Bonhoeffer The Cost of Discipleship
  6. John Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress
  7. Francis de Sales Introduction to the Devout Life (Catholic)
  8. George Müller's Autobiography
  9. Joseph Alleine's Alarm to the Unconverted
  10. Ursinus' Commentary on the Heidelberg Catechism



Here is my first shot, I will add more later.

    For those wanting a list of great books and articles from the past, visit this site.


    Here are a few more I recommend:



    1. Brother Lawrence's Practicing His Presence 
    2. for authors that aren't quite so old, but still very worth the read, try CS Lewis, Henri Nouwen,

    No comments:

    Post a Comment