Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is American Education going the way of Nazi Germany?

I have been reflecting on my elementary education recently, particularly my vastly inadequate understanding of American History and why our public school system failed to teach me the truth.  For example, I was taught that the Founders of the United States of America were not Christians but deists.  As I look back, no proof was ever given for such statements, but then again neither were the original documents ever opened to me for examination.  I never read the Constitution, although I did get the first amendment.  I never read the Articles of Confederation, or any of the primary source documents related to the revolution.  I was not shown the state constitutions which made explicit reference to God the Father and Faith in Jesus Christ as conditions for serving in the government.  Yes, these conditions were considered legal even after the ratification of the Constitution for the states reserved unto themselves all the rights not expressly stated in the Constitution.  I was told the Civil War was fought over slavery when in fact it was fought over state's rights.  Why were so many things left out?  Was it purposeful or accidental?  


I can only assume that it was purposeful, since our modern education model is built on hostility to religion, yet it was not always so.  The earliest colleges in our nation's history were built as bastions of Christian thought and the furtherance of Christ's reign and rule.  What has happened?  I believe this quotation from Adolf Hitler aptly expresses what is going on with American education:
“When an opponent declares, ‘I will not come over to your side,’ [Hitler] said in a speech on November 6,1933, “I calmly say, ‘Your child belongs to us already . . . What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.’” And on May 1, 1937, he declared, “This new Reich will give its youth to no one, but will itself take youth and give to youth its own education and its own upbringing.” (William L. Shirer, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (New York: Simon and Schuster, 1960), 249.)

American education has taken its cues from Nazi Germany and is trying to win the war by winning the next generation and rewriting history to suit secular, anti-Christian purposes.  let us as parents be diligent about what is being taught to our children, both in the home and wherever we send our children for their education.  We will do well to remember Noah Webster's words, 
Education without the Bible is useless.

For those interested in supporting documentation for some of my claims above, I recommend this wonderful free ebook full of primary source materials.  You can get it here

1 comment:

  1. Hi Scott - Interesting. Some of the things you mention are not really tied to religious issues. I think a part of people's orientation these days is that they don't want to be tied to the past because this would mean that there is some sort of identity definition that comes with it. So you play fast and loose with history, ignore what you don't like, spin the rest. Unfortunatelly Christians also do this all the time with our own texts.

    ReplyDelete